Saturday, April 9, 2011

With Kyle!

Yippee - this is a very exciting entry! It happened on March 25th! That weekend was a fun one up here in Utah! March 24th was Chad's birthday so after our soccer game we went out to dinner for it, March 25th Kyle went through the temple for the first time and Chad got selected to read one of his papers at an English symposium, March 26th Heath had a basketball game, we went to a comedy show that night, and it was Mom's birthday! For all that (if you hadn't guessed yet), Mom, Dad, and Shelby came up Thursday night and stayed until Monday morning! It was so fun to have them up here - they're the best!! [And I can't believe my "little" sister is not so little anymore - she's an amazing young woman!]

So... part of this lovely weekend was spending Friday morning in the temple! We were worried about the session being crowded because they are much busier up here in Utah - especially in Provo. For that fact, we went to the Mt. Timpanogos temple for his endowment! The session was at 8am and was actually really small - it felt like we were back home in Albuquerque! It was beautiful though! I couldn't help but look over and watch Kyle during the session. It was so amazing to be able to be in the temple with him! Heath and I also talked about how Chad and Denise, Mom and Dad, and him and I haven't been through a session together (since I received my endowment we have only all been in the temple together for Heath and I's sealing.) It was just really neat to all be in the temple as a family. The neatest and greatest part for me was when we were in the celestial room! Every time I am in there I feel like that is what heaven will be like. Couples together, families together... it's an incredible feeling! Now all we need is Shelby in there and my immediate family will be complete! :)

Since receiving my endowment in November I've thought a lot about the temple and the place that I am in now. Ever since I was little the temple was the greatest goal I had. Every thing at church mentioned getting to the temple, going inside the temple and so many rooms in our home had pictures of temple, and we were often talking about going to the temple. So, for 21 years that was my goal and the goals of my siblings (Chad and Kyle for 19 years and Shelby it still is now for almost 14) and the goal of my husband after he was baptized. So why is that the ultimate goal? Why is everything in the church pointed towards the temple? I understand that it is because temples teach us our role in the divine plan of our Heavenly Father and is where we make sacred covenants with Him that are eternal in nature. Our current prophet, President Thomas S. Monson spoke about temples in General Conference last weekend. He said, "My brothers and sisters, temples are more than stone and mortar. They are filled with faith and fasting. They are built of trials and testimonies. They are sanctified by sacrifice and service." [If you'd like to hear his whole talk, you can here: The Holy Temple - a Beacon to the World] I love going to the temple. I love being in there with my wonderful husband. I love being in there with family and friends. I look forward to the day when I can be in there with more of my family and friends! I know that the spirit found in those sacred places is the Holy Ghost and is a testimony that the work we are doing is real and true. This church is from our Heavenly Father to help us in this life we are living and this test we are taking. Following Him and His counsel will lead us back to Him so that we can be together as families in His presence.

Temples are amazing places - and so are churches! There are those who cannot yet enter the temple or who don't have the ability to walk in and do baptisms anytime (like we can in Utah temples) - I encourage you to go to church and soak in that same spirit that is only magnified in the temples. And for those of us who can go to do sessions - GO! It is an incredible blessing!

Kyle - we are SO proud of you!! You are going to be an incredible missionary and have already been an example to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment